This smoothie is a great example of a balanced breakfast or even a lunch. The protein, fiber and fat content will help balance leptin and insulin levels so you should feel satisfied for up to 4-5 hours. The smoothie will also provide vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, healthy fats and essential amino acids. Use organic when possible.
- 3 tablespoons blueberries or other berries (buy from frozen when not available fresh)
- 4 tablespoons apple puree or 2 apples or half a banana
- 2 tablespoons whey protein or hemp protein (make sure its a good quality one without sweeteners etc) Solgar and Pulsin are very good ones
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon tahini or almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter/oil
- Half an avocado
- 1/4 of an organic lemon and use the skin and all!
- 300ml water or even more if needed depends on the consistency you like
If feeling brave 🙂
- A stem of celery
- 4/5 leaves of kale/chard
Optional Superfoods to add:
- Teaspoon of bee pollen
- Dessertspoon raw cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of maca
- 1 scoop of Terra Nova Life Drink
- 1 teaspoon of wheatgrass/spirulina/barleygrass
- Soak a few inches of chopped wakame seaweed and add both water and the seaweed
Have fun using different variations. Once the balance of fruits, fiber, protein and fats stay around the same you will be flying it 😉
Download My Free Guide:
"How to make the Incredible Benefits of Eating with Pleasure work for You"
Naturally balance your appetite, improve your digestion and boost your metabolism.