Keep warm and healthy during these cold winter months. Double up on the ingredients so you are set up for a few days or put half in the freezer. Enjoy!
1 onions, peeled and chopped
1 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
3 carrots, trimmed, peeled and sliced
2 celery stalks, trimmed and chopped
1/2 tbsp wheat-free vegetable bouillon powder or your own chicken stock
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander, stalks reserved
50g ground almonds
- Place the onions, garlic, carrots and celery in a large saucepan. Add 1.25 litres boiling water and the bouillon powder. Bring to the boil and add the herb stalks.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes until vegetables are tender when pierced with a knife.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Strain, reserving the stock. Remove the herb stalks, and then blend the vegetables in a food processor or with a hand-held blender until smooth.
- Return the mixture to the pan and add the ground almonds and enough of the reserved stock to make a soup-like consistency.
- Reheat and serve garnished with chopped fresh coriander and parsley.
Alternatively you can add one sweet potato, peeled and diced, in place of two of the carrots and cook as above.
Download My Free Guide:
"How to make the Incredible Benefits of Eating with Pleasure work for You"
Naturally balance your appetite, improve your digestion and boost your metabolism.