I was recently reminded of the wonderful benefits of swimming in the ocean. I’m very fortunate to live in West Cork, only a mile from a beach, so I’ve set myself a challenge to go for a “no-wetsuit” swim once a week. Here’s a short video I made yesterday of my first swim of 2017.
Here is a summary of the health benefits of swimming in the sea:
- Swimming in cold sea water strengthens the immune system.
- Cold water causes our lymph vessels to contract, forcing our
lymphatic system to pump lymph fluids throughout our body,
flushing the waste out of the area.
- Improves circulation.
- Cold water triggers a flood of mood-boosting neurotransmitters,
which make you feel happy due to an increase in serotonin and
- It’s great for skin health.
- Swimming in seawater opens pores in the skin to allow the
absorption of sea minerals and the expulsion of disease-causing
toxins from the body.
- The absorption of magnesium in the water supports relaxation and
Download My Free Guide:
"How to make the Incredible Benefits of Eating with Pleasure work for You"
Naturally balance your appetite, improve your digestion and boost your metabolism.